Join the Toronto West Arts Collaborative for a fun and informal day of selling art from the boots of our cars in the parking lot of 365 Evans Ave in Toronto, home of our sponsor, the prestigious
The Car Boot Art Fair will feature the works of over 50 artists of all media & genres, in this special one day only art fair. Artists will be featured under a stunning marquee tent, and to relax after your shopping come in to the gallery for our Pop-Up Pub “The Boot & Bonnet”.
Take part in this one day only art fair, inspired by the “Vauxhall Art Car Boot Fair” started in London, England.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
· Free admission to all visitors
· All spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis
· Spaces are sheltered under our stunning marquee tent, so no tent rental is required!
(additional outdoor spaces may be added as required)
· Artists are welcome to share a space
· Free Wi-fi available in Artworld Fine Art Gallery
· Live Music, Best Booth Prizes, Boot & Bonnet Pub
· Artworld Fine Art Gallery will be marketing this event to their client and artist network
· The event runs rain or shine, but our tent will keep us dry
· Artists will be required to arrive between 7 and 7:30am the morning of the event to set up, and may not dismantle their booth, or move their vehicle until security gives the all-clear.
· You are expected to be on site for the duration of the event. We recommend bringing a friend or family member to assist you.
· All artwork MUST be removed at the end of the day. Artists are responsible for their own artwork, during the event, as well as during set up and tear down.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Anyone working in the following media:
- Painting - works created using oil, acrylic, encaustic, watercolour, inks, etc.
- Photography & Digital Media - Photographic prints made from the artist's original image, and/or digitally manipulated images created from original artist images, and/or other sourced material.
- 3D Works - original works that are three-dimensional, using additive or reductive techniques, including freestanding sculptures, reliefs, assemblages etc. created using either traditional or experimental materials.
- 2D Works – original works that are two-dimensional, created using one or more physical material, including Drawing, Printmaking, Illustration, Collage, and Mixed Media works, etc.
- Craft & Design - hand crafted objects (functional or decorative) created using fine craft and/or industrial design practices including, Ceramics, Glass, Jewellery, Textile, Wood/Furniture, etc. Multi-disciplinary and/or hybrid practices welcomed.
· A one-time booth fee of $400 + HST (less 10% for TWAC Members (as of April 1)) payable upon registration
· Should you need to withdraw up to September 1st, you will receive a 50% refund
· NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER SEPTEMBER 1ST.
· In keeping with the Boot Sale theme, you have the option to back your vehicle right up to the perimeter of the spectacular Stillwater tent (shown above) and sell art directly from the “boot” (trunk) of your car. These spaces have an accompanying 6’x10’ space inside the tent .
· Take an 8’x8’ Interior space (no vehicle access)
Booth Fee covers your raw exhibit space ONLY. You are responsible for providing your own tables, chairs, easels, grid walls etc. We are providing participating artists with preferred rental rates from Higgins Event Rentals. If you require rentals, please let us know and we will forward you the information.
Click the button and complete the registration form, select your form of payment and follow the instructions to upload your biography and 3 sample images of your work. If you are sharing a booth with another artist, please include both bios and examples of both artists work. TWAC will forward you a receipt to confirm your registration and booth location. Please allow 3 business days for us to process your registration.