The Toronto West Arts Collaborative is pleased to announce The First Annual TWAC Member Group Exhibition. The exhibition will be held at ARTWORLD FINE ART GALLERY in Toronto. This exhibit is open to all TWC members and only to TWAC members. As a TWAC member you are automatically included in this exhibition. We look forward to seeing your work on display.
GALLERY VISITORS WILL BE ASKED TO VOTE FOR THEIR FAVOURITE ART PIECE … AND THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE:
$250 Artworld Fine Art Gallery Custom Framing Gift Certificate
A one year TWAC membership
A one year Artists in Canada membership
VOTES CAN ONLY BE CAST IN PERSON BY VISITING THE GALLERY SO MAKE SURE YOU INVITE YOUR FRIENDS, CLIENTS AND FAMILY
- This Exhibit is open to all TWAC members and only to TWAC members.
- Each member may exhibit 2 pieces up to 30” x 30” in size including frame if applicable. Artists may submit up to 4 pieces and 2 pieces will be chosen at the gallery’s discretion.
- Members are asked to confirm their intention to exhibit no later than June 15th.
- Submissions for the gallery to select from must be received by email by Monday, June 27th. Email should include good quality jpegs of your pieces and a list of the submitted works including title, medium, size and date and framed or not framed.
- Participants should also provide an Artists Bio (typical information includes art studies, place of birth and residency, exhibition exposure, mediums, uniqueness of technique, art awards, fellowships, radio/TV/press coverage, art related teaching.)
- Reproductions will not be accepted for exhibition.
- Artworld will advise participants of which works have been selected by Monday, July 4th.
- Paintings must be delivered to the gallery by no later than Monday July 9th. Please label the back of each piece with your name, title, medium, size and price.
- All work must be professionally presented. Works must be ready to hang. Works on canvas do not need to be framed, but if framed must be of a professional standard.
- ARTWORLD FINE ART will offer 35% off custom framing if you require it for the exhibit.
- The gallery will be responsible for set up and display of all artwork. Sale tags will be provided by AFA.
- The Exhibition Opening Reception will be held on Thursday July 14th 6:30-8PM. All exhibitors are asked to attend.
- Wine, non-alcoholic beverage and appetizers will be offered. Each participant is asked to contribute $10 to cover these costs.
- Artworld Fine Art will cover all other exhibition expenses including; creation of promotional card, Special Occasion Permit costs, set up and cleanup costs, venue fees and staffing.
- It is understood that once the exhibition is set-up, no one is permitted to change the display.
- Pieces must be picked up following the exhibition after July 27th and before August 7th. Do not plan to pick pieces up the day the exhibition closes. Artworld will need time to demount the exhibition and wrap your pieces.
- We encourage participants to offer their work for sale during the exhibition.
- All sales will go through Artworld Fine Art Gallery. At the end of the exhibition payment will be issued to the artist minus the 20% gallery commission for Group Shows.
- Gallery visitors will be asked to vote for their favorite art piece.
- Winners receive:
- $250 AFA Custom Framing Gift Certificate
- A one year TWAC membership
- A one year AIC membership.
- Votes can be cast in person ONLY.